Website Summit Staffing Solutions
We are looking for a skilled forklift operator to load lumber for next day delivery!
Job Summary: Select wood to be loaded by specie and size to attain a balanced and compact load. Operate a truck so that loader can be moved from one site to another. Perform minor maintenance on loader and truck.
* Check the Order board for notes on out of service vehicles or shipping notes.
* Check email for information pertaining to next day deliveries
* Check the magnets on the board for order completion
* Organize the route of the runs in the computer
* Check the transfer lists for the remote stores for available weight and overweight options
* Assign truck and trailers to route based on weight capacities
* Organize the dock by run color and create room to back trailers inside the building
* Begin loading the remote stores transfer trucks first
* Double check items as you load visually against the BOL while loading
* Balance weight for the truck as best as you can and load based on location need for any particular customer which is located on the delivery run sheet.
* Secure the load with straps and close the curtains
* Repeat for all routes and destinations.
Skills required to do the job
* Fork lift
* CDL A (Preferred)not necessary though
* Microsoft Excel (Basic Computer Skills)
* Reading and Writing
* Wood Specie Identification
* Ability to read a tape measure
* Basic Arithmetic
Pay rate: $21 – $24 per hour DOE
Schedule: Sunday: 7:00AM-3:00PM
Monday-Thursday: 7:00PM to 3:30AM
**Second chance employer!!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org