Website Summit Staffing Solutions
We are seeking entry-level Material Handlers for our client in Tualatin! This is a great opportunity for growth, and if you have entry-level warehouse experience or have worked in retail this good be a great fit for you. Apply today!
BONUS: Offering a $1,000 sign on bonus for candidates ($500 after working 90 days/transition to regular hire and $500 additional after working 180 days). All payments will be made through payroll and are subject to tax withholding.
The Materials Handler is part of the team responsible for the day to day department shipping and receiving operations including, receiving, storing, packing, and shipping of merchandise or materials. Duties include responsibility for organizing domestic and international shipments, scheduling deliveries and the loading and unloading of trucks, including preparing necessary paperwork. Receives and distributes raw materials as required to maintain shipping process at all locations. Responsible for inventory reconciliation including performing physical counts. Organizes warehouse for maximum efficiency including maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accomplish daily work schedule and meet deadlines.
- Organizes shipments to meet expected ship dates.
- Initiates and completes all necessary paperwork and prepares all shipments.
- Loads trucks. Follows DOT requirements for shipping hazardous goods.
- Receives raw materials. Distributes to production facilities as needed.
- Excellent computer skills are required preferably with an inventory control system.
- Collects paperwork from received materials and enters into database.
- Unloads trucks and schedules necessary deliveries.
- Cleans and organizes warehouse for maximum efficiency by placing materials in appropriate areas and re-arranging to utilize space.
- Possess a basic knowledge of production procedures and processes.
- Perform monthly physical count
- Responsible for inventory reconciliation, and accuracy.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Requires 1 year warehouse/shipping /receiving experience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and a working knowledge of inventory management systems
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSE:
1 year forklift experience. DOT training or successful completion of DOT training within 2 months is required.
Pay rate: $19.10 per hour
Typical schedule: Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com